Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Seattle Space Needle 05.22.2008

After we walked to the Olympic Sculpture Park, we walked to another tourist landmark. I would have to say the famous Space Needle is definitely worth checking out.

At the base of the Space Needle, we saw an Indian Band playing some native instruments. I don't think they were part of the park and looking back at it, I am surprised they were allowed to even plug in their instruments.


There were plenty of flowers and greenery all over the place. It just makes it very pleasant.


Here we are at the very bottom of the famous Space Needle.


If you click on the pictures you can see how big this building is.


Here it is just looking straight up. Both my wife and I have that fear of heights, so this was a challenge.



Here is another picture of some beautiful flowers.


Another shot of the enthusiastic Indian Band.


I think that flute hanging like a necklace was interesting looking.


I don't remember how they sounded but they did attract a lot of people to watch. They also had a display with CDs for sale.



And finally here is a picture of the tickets purchased.



I took about 100 pictures on the observation deck at the top. The views are amazing from 520 feet above the ground. I will post them next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment