Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Walk to Seattle's Olympic Sculpture Park

Like I said before, the great thing about Seattle is you can walk pretty much to anywhere you need to get to. If you get tired of walking, then you can always take the bus or taxi.


We walked from Pike's Place to Olympic Sculpture Park in about 20-30 minutes. Pretty much every street you walk to get over there, you will see many types of shops in these old buildings.



Near the park is a nice area known as Belltown. This is an area I would love to live just because of the location to all the shops, restaurants, and walking areas. Also, the cloudy and rainy weather is very agreeable to me.


They have a ton of residential condo buildings along this area just across the park. This is an art sculpture of an aluminum tree.


A different view of the same tree towards the intersection. I forget what that glass ceiling building is in the background . It was closed when we visited. In the far background you can see Pier 70.


Here is the famous red art structure that represents an eagle I believe.


This is a good size park and right on the water. Although it you keep walking in any direction in Seattle you will eventually hit water.


I will post more pictures of the park in my next post. Thanks for stopping by again. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment