Monday, January 18, 2010

Seattle's PIke Place Market & Lowell's Restaurant

One of the great things that I personally enjoy about Seattle is that you can walk to everywhere you want or need to visit. Walking towards the Seattle Pike Place from out hotel probably took us about 20-30 minutes. We definitely looked like tourist taking pictures of everything. The cloudy weather was perfect for walking.

This building would be a place I wish I could one day live in. I imagine it to be a huge loft with spectacular water views. If you click on the picture, I am talking about the top floor.



This little walkway is just a block away from Pike Place and had nice little shops. This picture is very attractive to me.



We took a few pictures of the nice area. Chocolate, books, and a tea shop. I could have hung out here for awhile.



Another shot of this wonderful street or alley.



Now this is even a nicer building I wish I could afford to live in. I can only imagine what it looks like on the inside, but the outside is extremely appealing. Privacy, garden patio, and water views.



To put it in perspective, this is how close it is to all the conveniences.



This is Post Alley where you can find an assortment of shops by foot.



Inside the market is fantastic. Fresh flowers, fruits, and vegetables everywhere you look. We didn't come early enough to see them tossing fish but no big deal.



A nice close up of them. Click on the pictures for the nice details. You can almost smell them.



The fruits all look great. Everywhere you looked was eye candy. You really can't buy wrong at this place.



These do look yummy.



I do like having blueberries with my cereal and raspberries on my cheese cakes.



Garlic and pepper strands with amazing vivid colors.



Inside the Pike Place Market there are numerous restaurants to eat in. We liked this little self serve place called Lowell's which is known for great food and cheap prices. The fish there is great, but we came by for breakfast.



I think the wife had a Denver omelet and I had the French toast. These meals were big, cheap and most importantly delicious.



I forgot the great feature about this restaurant is it is 3 floors and you can admire the water views while you eat.

We saw these cranes from the airplane trip before we landed. If you click on this picture, then you can see a dream loft house with an excellent patio garden. How awesome would it be to live here!



More view pictures of the boats and ferries coming and going to the different islands.



Further to our right side, you can see the ships along the docks and piers.



I'll end it with this last picture which is an old warehouse converted to apartments, lofts, and condos. These would be ideal to vacation in for a month or two. There are plenty of places to explore in this area.



Thanks for stopping by and have an great day.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment